FACULTY OF COMMERCE AND BUSINESS STUDIES
A WORD FROM THE DEAN
Welcome to the Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies (FOCB). FOCB prepares students for careers in business administration, management, accounting and finance, marketing, human resource management, health service management, procurement and supply management, and many more. These courses are offered to pre service or in service students who wish to launch their careers or seasoned professionals who wish to excel further in their fields. FOCB’s renowned programs help students to integrate contemporary business theory with real-world experience. FOCB offers the following programs:
- Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with majors in Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Corporate Management.
- Master of Science in Finance (MSc Finance)
- Master of Science in Accounting (MSc accounting)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration in Marketing, Accounting, Human Resource Management, and Procurement and Supply Management
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (BBA) with majors in Human Resource Management, Health Services Management, Procurement and Supply Management, and Marketing.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Finance (BAF).
- Bachelor of Commerce with Education (BComEd).
Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) specializing in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Finance and Banking, and Procurement and Supply Management.
VISION: The Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies (FOCB) aspires to develop individuals holistically by enhancing competences and skills in managing business endeavor with intellectual inquisitiveness at national and international levels under the dictum of learning to serve.
MISSION: The Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies (FOCB) is committed to developing highly qualified graduates in the areas of Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Procurement and Supply Chain, Health Services, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources and other related areas with the capacity and competence to manage and promote entrepreneurial development efforts both at national and international level In line with the vision and mission of St John‘s University of Tanzania.
This mission is achieved through a demand driven curricula that equips students with theoretical and practical tools necessary for innovation and creativity, analyzing and solving business problems. The faculty, through training, research, and consultancy and community engagement equips students with knowledge, skills and competences to be competitive in the national and global labor markets.
The faculty objectives are:
- To prepare professionals holistically in business management with knowledge, skills and competences that enables them to perform critical business tasks in the Tanzania and beyond.
- To integrate concepts, principles and practices in order to develop independent thinking, innovativeness and creativity in various business initiatives.
- To promote positive attitudes towards national aspirations in achieving national development goals.
- To develop the culture of learning to serve dynamic business society.
The faculty has three departments as follows:
- The Department of Finance, Accounting and Economics (FAE)
- The Department of Marketing, Procurement and Supply Management (MPSM)
- The Department of Management and Administrative Studies (MAS)