A WORD FROM THE DIRECTOR
Welcome to the Centre for Information and Communication Technology webpage. Being an Information and Communication Technology centre within a Christian university we provide a tremendous opportunity for our students to excel in a forward thinking, technology rich environment. The Centre provides technical, strategic and policy advice on ICT matters and the implementation of various ICT work processes, procedures and other administrative related matters.
The Centre for Information and Communication Technology (CICT) create and share knowledge so that people will use information with technology to build a better world. As teachers we prepare students for leadership roles in business and non-profits, public service, research, and education.
To all our students and stakeholders, it is with a great deal of excitement that I envision you pursuing your passion in life with us. Today, the continuous rise of technology implies the need to catch up and to produce globally competent students. We are committed to providing a solid foundation in Computer Applications and Management Information System within a hands-on, experiential learning environment with small classes.
We invite you to explore the St John’s University of Tanzania Website to get additional information on our programs, curricula, requirements and courses we provide, and discover more about our faculty, schools, institutes, directorates, centre, staff and students, alumni and partners.
To be a Centre of excellence to deliver service that advances learning, teaching and research, CICT seeks to ensure that service offered is of global standards under Christian ethics in developing mankind holistically to learn to serve God and Society.
Providing a reliable Information Technology infrastructure to the University and facilitate a global standards research, teaching and learning to ensure students understand to serve God and society.
The goal of CICT is to provide leadership in supporting and enhancing academic programs, research, events and community engagement for the university community and beyond.
- User First: Consider the user experience in everything we do.
- Clear and Simple Communication: Use professional and accessible language.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive for operational excellence through the on-going development of staff and the organisation as a whole; and ongoing development of the IT infrastructure.
- Customer Focus: We listen to, respect, and care for faculty, staff, students, and one another, both professionally and personally.
- Service: We strive to provide excellent service by being consistent, reliable, and accessible to all.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc.IT)
This is a three (3) years programme approved by SENATE. The programme aims to develop and strengthen human resources and institutional capacity in impact-oriented training and research in Information Technology, as an entry point towards sustainable management of information technology in Africa. The training programmes will lead to provision of technical know-how that will address problems related to systems development, technology adoption, network administration, and database management and information systems security.
CICT CROSS CUTTING COURSES
Centre for Information and Communication Technology (CICT) offers the following cross cutting courses to the following Schools and Faculties:
School of Nursing (SONU)
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SOPH)
School of Theology and Religious Studies (SOTR)
Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences (FaNAS)
Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies (FOCB)
Faculty of Humanities and Education (FAHE)
RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY
SHORT TERM TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SERVICE
- Repair and maintenance of Computers, servers and Electronic Equipment/Devices
- Repair and Maintence of Printers, Photocopier Machines and UPS
- Installation of different Operating Systems (Windows OS, Linux OS, MacOS and Server's OS)
- Installation of different Application Software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Adobe Photoshop, Maya, SPSS, PSPP, Epinfo,Tally etc)
- Design and Installation of Computer Network based on Structured network
- Design, configuratiion and Installation of Network Firewalls using open-source and prorietary software
- Design, configuration and installation of Electronic Learning Management System, Library Management System
- Design and Maintenance of websites based on Content Management System (CMS)
- Design and Maintenance of website based on design from scratch